Townie Original 7D Step-Thru Arctic BlueRegular price $679.99
The Electra Townie® 7D is the best-selling bike in the U.S. for a reason. It's stylish, simple, fun and the perfect recreational bike. Our patented Flat Foot Technology® frame provides an upright seating position that lets you see the world better and plant your feet flat on the ground whenever you want, setting the standard in comfort and control.
It's right for you if...
You're looking for a fun, quality bike that is both comfortable and stylish. Or maybe it's your first time riding since being a kid. Or you just want to get outside on two wheels more. With our patented Flat Foot Technology®, you’ll experience the comfort and control of our unique frame geometry in great colours to choose from.
The tech you get
Shimano Revo twist shifter provides a smooth transition through 7 gears, allowing you to climb hills with ease. Linear-pull brakes control deceleration for easy stopping and Bontrager 26" tyres roll smoothly for a cushy ride. Internal cable routing, water bottle mounts and platform pedals round out the ride.
The final word
The Townie® 7D continues to be the best-selling bike in the US for a reason. Once you ride a Townie, everything else is just a bike. It provides the utmost in comfort, style and quality. Take a test ride and feel the Electra difference. With a variety of bold colours to choose from and features that will help you go the distance, the Townie Collection offers something for everyone.
Why you'll love it
- Bontrager 26" tyres with a puncture-resistant casing roll smooth and stable over most surfaces.
- Linear-pull brakes help control your roll with easy-stopping.
- Enjoy the ride on our cushy, ergonomic and shock absorbent elastomer saddle.
- Enjoy as-is, or personalise your ride with Electra accessories and make it your own with mudguards, a basket or bell.
- Townie 6061-T6 aluminium w/patented Flat Foot Technology®
- High-tensile steel unicrown, straight/tapered leg
- Front hub
- Alloy low-flange 32h w/QR
- Rear hub
- Alloy low flange 32h w/QR
- Double-wall alloy 26"×32h painted w/machined sidewalls (select models)
- Bontrager E6 Hard-Case Lite 26x2.00" w/reflective stripe
- Shimano Revo 7-speed twist w/optical gear display
- Front derailleur
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Tourney TX-35 7-speed
- Forged alloy 170 mm w/steel 44t chainring w/double chainguards
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge 68 mm/118 mm
- 7-speed 14-34t
- KMC Z7 nickel-plated
- Resin platform w/non-slip tread
- Ergonomic w/shock-absorbing elastomers
- Alloy 27.2×350 mm
- Alloy custom bend 25.9" width/4" rise
- Electra hand-stitched
- Forged alloy 25.4 mm quill, 80 mm extension
- Head set
- 1 1/8" steel threaded, semi-integrated
- Brake set
- Front/rear: cold-forged alloy linear-pull
- Internal cable routing, painted chainguard, and stainless steel and anti-rust hardware
- 14.51 kg / 32 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
149.9 - 182.9 cm
4'11.0" - 6'0.0"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|