GRAPHENWax Hot Melt Chain Wax LubricantRegular price $55.95
HOW TO LUBRICATE YOUR CHAIN WITH FLEXIBLE GRAPHENWAX ®
FIRST CHAIN PREPARATION: Take the chain off the bike or use brand new chain and clean it using a solvent (like White Spirit or mineral turps) by immersing the chain completely in the solvent for 20-60min using the poly bag that was delivered with the wax (Use gloves). Shake the bag with chain for 2min at the end. Take chain out and let it fully dry (2-12h). Optionally you can rinse the chain at this point with 98% alcohol to remove any remaining residue. Once the chain is dry you can apply the lube normally like instructed below. Solvent cleaning is only needed for the first time to remove the oils.
1. After that , If the chain is dirty, you can clean it by simply pouring hot water on the chain and let it dry Cleaning the chain this way doesn't contaminate the wax in crockpot, making it useful for longer.
2. Melt the GRAPHENwax ® in the crockpot (slow cooker) in usual manner on medium heat. Melt it completely. Our wax melts at around 70°C (160°F) but you should heat it to around 90-100°C (194-212°F)
3. Immerse the chain into the molten wax and wait until the wax buildup on the chain melts again. Best way to do this is to use wire metal clothes hanger by threading both ends of chain on the hanger.
4. Agitate the chain gently (up, down, left right) in the liquid wax (using the coat hanger) for about 3-5min to make sure that the wax goes into the pins.
5. Take the chain out, hang it, then gently wipe the excess of the wax from the chain side plates and let it cool for about 15min.
5. After cooling, simply hold your chain in one hand and run it between two fingers of your free hand (as per our video) and job done
Please remember that melted wax is very hot, so you should always wear appropriate protective clothing, leather gloves and safety glasses. Never leave working crockpot unattended. After use, turn the crockpot off and make sure the still hot melted wax is not reachable by children or other unauthorized people. Use only crockpot (slow cooker) to melt the wax. Never use oven, microwave or stove. Never exceed the temperature of 100°C (212°F). Never expose to open flame. Keep away from children. Use in well-ventilated space.
Designed in UK. Manufactured in Poland (EU).
GRAPHENwax ® is a registered trademark of absoluteBLACK. Lubricant composition protected by several patents pending. #GRAPHENwax, #chainlube, #chainwax