Please contact us if you are interested in this product.
Caffélatex tyre sealant is quietly hiding in the wheels of the best cyclists in the World, who trust it to ride as puncture-free as possible. With a strong racing background in road and off-road cycling, Caffélatex is perfect for tubeless, tubular and inner-tube applications.
A secret blend of liquid synthetic polymers gives Caffélatex its “latex-like” behavior, becoming solid when exposed to fast evaporation, repairing holes in the process. We improved this with the addition of a precise percentage of microscopic (less than 2 microns, 0,002 mm) silicate particles, so that Caffélatex moves slowly through holes, allowing it more time to heal the puncture.
- Very fast puncture repairing action, ideal for performance-oriented cyclists (and for those who want even more, we created Vitamina CL additive).
- Adds very little weight to wheels, following the suggested quantities (see iCaffelatex app).
- Its foaming behavior makes it spread evenly inside tyres, covering the whole internal surface very efficiently.
- Caffélatex doesn’t contain ammonia or other aggressive chemicals and is not toxic.
- Relying on synthetic latex, Caffélatex doesn’t create allergy issues associated with natural latex.
Puncture repair speed is especially beneficial with lightweight or thin-casing tyres, making Caffélatex ideal for performance-oriented cyclists, for both road and off-road cycling and for tubeless, tubular and inner-tube applications. Caffélatex repairs punctures up to 5 mm (off-road tubeless tyres) and 3 mm (road tubeless tyres).
When engineering Caffélatex and refining its formula, we discovered that providing it with a foaming behavior (passing from liquid to foam when agitated, so activated by wheel movement) was a big plus in terms of ability to spread inside the tyre cavity. When wheels are turning, centrifugal force drives standard liquid sealants against the outer circumference inside the tyre.
Caffélatex, turning into foam, tends to fill the entire internal cavity of the tyre, making Caffélatex available and effective even when the puncture happens on the sidewall. Caffélatex reverts to its liquid state after around 15 minutes of stillness. Compared to other “latex-like” sealants, Caffélatex is a very stable and durable, although its lifespan is heavily influenced by tyre type. Using the recommended quantity for tyre size/type, the expected Caffélatex lifespan is:
- Tubular (or Caffélatex inserted into latex/butyl inner tube): up to 1 year.
- UST Tubeless tyre: 2-6 months.
- Tubeless-ready tyre: 1-4 months.
- Tube-type tyre: 1-3 months.
In the impossibility of knowing the specific conditions (kind of wheel/tyre set-up, tyre sidewall thickness and porosities, external temperature and humidity, bicycle storage conditions…), we recommend checking Caffélatex every 2 months, to make sure it’s liquid and therefore ensures its puncture preventive action.?When dry, Caffélatex-sealed wheels are still air-tight, but Caffélatex won’t actively repair punctures.